Saturday 20 July 2013

Always trying to squeeze a little more efficiency from my antennas and locations, I added a little more height to the screwdriver and cap hap combination, for this I used the four 1' shafts from my buddipole kit, this obviously adds 4' to the overall length of the antenna, with a total length of approximately 10', plus the addition of the cap hat, means the antenna will only tune as high as 18.2MHz, thus encompassing the whole of the 17m band, without the cap hat the antenna will cover all of the 15m band.


With this antenna and favourable band conditions I was able to work HH5/KC0W with first call and took my logged mobile DXCC to 210, I say logged because there are a few from last year that haven't yet been logged, including French Polynesia, as they are on my old mobile phone logging program which doesn't output ADIF and requires manually transferring, there are possibly four DXCC to be added, and when I can find the motivation I'll get round to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment